Wednesday, January 5, 2011

bang it

Today I was chatting with a coworker who is coordinating a project I'm working on. She was chatting with me to set up a due date for one of my edits. The following messages were exchanged after she asked me when I could complete my edit:

me: ummm, probably monday/tuesday sometime?

coworker: Okay :) Lets due [sic] Tuesday COB.

me: ok

me: bang it!!!!!!!!

coworker: bang it?

Errrr . . .

Tim is a champ at accidentally transmitting seemingly inappropriate messages to unsuspecting coworkers. In his defense, he thought his message was going to a friend we both know; he didn't mean anything crass by typing it. And he's kind of embarrassed it went to someone else. But the jury is still out on the meaning of "bang it": benign or raunchy? You decide.

3 comments:

  1. Well, of course my first thought is the raunchy one. But we know I'm always inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever played the card game Bang! ? I think it's funny when people are playing and say "I just banged you" or "I'm going to bang him". And then I giggle inside, 'cause no one else seems to think it's inappropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky is my new favorite person.

    ReplyDelete