Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anniversary #3

Our anniversary this year (which was on Monday) was kind of pathetic. I guess that's what happens when you've had a baby ten days earlier. I was thinking I would put my wedding ring back on to commemorate the day since my fingers stopped being so swollen after I gave birth, but I keep forgetting to do that. The baby cries every time I think to, or something.

We took the little man to the doctor to get circumcised on our anniversary (sad day), and while we were in the waiting room, I looked over and said "Happy anniversary!" to Tim, who responded by being miffed that I beat him to the chase. He said he thought about it when we were putting the kid in the car seat but then forgot to say something out loud. The baby must have started crying right then, or something. That was the extent of our celebration. Party up in here!

Having a kid together makes me feel like we've really bonded, though. I love my not-as-little man (as well as my little man) and am excited to see Tim grow as a father. He's been great so far.

2 comments:

  1. This is so "real," or something...and I love it. And I love the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad the "kid" has bonded you two. ha ha ha! I must say I've been terribly impressed with both of you as parents. You are great, and you'll keep being great. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete