Saturday, October 27, 2012

beer-battered fish

One time quite recently we made beer-battered fried fish. I sent Tim to the liquor store to buy some beer for the project. This is the golden year in which he gets to buy alcohol for the first time, even though he's been legal for a while. When we drive by the liquor store he usually points it out and says something like "I bought alcohol there."

We don't drink; I think that fact is probably highly manifest at this point. But I have also purchased spirits from the state liquor store. I think I used white whine for a sauce I was cooking when we lived in Provo. I wonder how many people liquor store employees see coming in to buy stuff for cooking and know nothing about alcohol. When I went in, I basically said, "Help! I am totally ignorant and I need a good wine for a white sauce I'm making for my chicken! Just pick a bottle, and I'll pay for it."

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'd have the nerve to go to a liquor store in Utah, honest motivations aside.

    ReplyDelete