Monday, October 24, 2011

Baby Rowan! and Gender Contest

It has been a while since I have contributed to this blog, but upon noticing that all of Amanda's recent posts have depicted me exclusively as delirious and incoherent, I felt compelled to write something in order to demonstrate that I actually am not insane and/or creepy most of the time.

And I have great news! Amanda is pregnant! We are having a baby and are very excited, especially since chances are high that this will be the cutest baby the world has ever seen.

Amanda is now approximately 16 weeks along (and still often as nauseated as ever, poor girl) and this week she will have an ultrasound that will likely tell us whether we are having a girl or a boy. Of course, I have been saying for months now with utter confidence that we are having a girl, but Amanda places more trust in the ultrasound, a soulless machine, than in me, her faithful husband.

Ultrasound image at approximately 11 weeks

Which brings us to this blog post's titular contest (I realize that calling it a "gender contest" is not completely accurate, but using the more accurate word "sex" was perhaps way more inappropriate). We are inviting all our readers to predict whether our impending child is a boy or a girl.

But that's not all! The first ten respondents to predict correctly will win a prize! We haven't determined what that prize will be yet but rest assured that it will be something to make neighbors jealous. To submit your prediction, post a comment below!

Winners (oh, and the baby's sex) will be announced Friday. Good luck!

21 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations! I guess boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your sanity is called into question by the statement that this baby might be the cutest this world has ever seen. Sounds like crazy talk to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Congrats you two! I'm sorry you're feeling so sick still :( that's a bummer. I guess...girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, Amanda, have some faith in your "cute" genes or just the fact that people think children are cute :) I guess girl, just to get good karma going for Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote girl. I also vote it will be pretty cute. And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, that's awesome! I'm gonna go with girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congratulations! Hope Amanda starts feeling better soon. I vote boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, guys!!! I'm tempted to guess boy just because no one else did, but I really think it's a girl, too! I guess girl :). I hope you can get a good enough ultrasound to tell-I don't think I had my ultrasounds till 20 weeks! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Currently I have been having a streak of girls being born to friends and family so I'm going to say girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going with Tim on this one and saying you'll have a baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Amanda! I chatted with you for like an hour today and you didn't tell me!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, I vote boy.

    And I still can't believe you didn't tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation!!! I'm going to go with boy. come on, boy! (Typing this on a phone...sorry about the spelling) and sorry you've been sick...what a bummer. Hopefully your BOY will be cute enough to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm guessing BOY for some reason. Sorry, Tim. Maternal instinct might beat out your paternal one--even though this is your progeny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally called this last month when you blogged about cravings!

    I think it's a girl, because everyone else I know is having a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We can't wait to meet the newest addition to the family! I think that Owen is going to have a boy cousin to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I, like Heather, am shocked I did not warrant a personal announcement rather than this heartless tell-all. What is G-chat for if not personal, thrilling announcements? ;) Kidding, kidding. But congratulations!! When are you due? Mid-April sometime? Holy cow, how exciting!

    I'll guess boy. Mostly, I think, because girl is the more popular guess and if I'm right and it is a boy, I might be one of the lucky 10 winners. You ship to Virginia, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Congrats, Amanda! Cute blog, btw! I'm so happy for you! Sorry you have been so sick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every one is guessing boy or girl. I feel forced to come up with some weird third alternative just so I don't have to run with the crowd. You will give birth to a genderless child. Think Ken doll. It's not likely, but if it I happens I will look like an awesome guesser.

    ReplyDelete